Removing Windows Genuine Advantage Error the easy way
Date Added: Jun 10, 2011
|Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) Error is an annoying error that appears on systems running on latest Windows operating systems like Win 7, Vista, and XP. This error usually appears if you are using a counterfeited Windows operating system on your system or you have recently updated your operating system. Once WGA error appears on any user's computer it will keep on appearing again and again and nag the user in buying a genuine copy of Windows. Moreover, the computer screen will also go blank and even in case you put any wallpaper on your screen it will automatically get removed in 1 hour and display the black screen.
There are two ways through which you can remove this nagging error from your Windows computer. The first procedure is to use any WGA removal software which can effectively remove the notification. Additionally you can also use a Registry Cleaner to clean corrupt registry entries created as a direct result of WGA.
The second procedure to remove this error is following a few simple manual processes which are easy to follow. You can remove this nagging error from your computer by following the steps mentioned below: 1. Click on 'Start' menu and click on 'Run'
2. Type 'System32' in the box and click 'OK'
3. After System32 opens up, click on 'Tools' tab at the top
4. From the 'Tools' menu click on 'Folder Options' and then 'View'
5. Un-check the box beside 'Hide extension for known file types' and click 'Apply' then 'OK'
6. Locate 'WgaLagon.dll' file and change its name.
7. A warning message will be displayed at this point which you should ignore and click on 'Yes'
8. Go back to 'System32' window and locate the 'WgaTray.exe' file and delete it and also open the 'Task Manager' immediately after this
9. After you locate and remove the 'WgaTray.exe' from the 'Task Manager' come back to 'System32' window again and remove the extension name you gave to 'WgaLogon.dll' and after this reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
Read More Related News